New Mexico International School is an APS-authorized K-6 charter school in Albuquerque.
We are an International Baccalaureate World School, offering the Primary Years’ Programme, as well as a dual language Spanish/English immersion model.
NMIS is an equal opportunity employer. Equal opportunity is assured to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, ethnicity, religion,sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin,ancestry, or age.
Building Custodian Position
New Mexico International School is looking for a building custodian to join our team! This person would report to the Head Custodian and be jointly responsible for cleaning and assisting in maintaining the entire school grounds as part of a team of three custodial staff. We are looking for someone who takes pride in their work in keeping a building clean, sanitized and something the school community is proud of! The square footage to be cleaned for the upcoming school year is approximately 55,000 square feet. (Square footage, time, and total pay are subject to increase in future years.)
- Thorough cleaning and sanitizing of assigned areas of the building per a stated schedule.
- Minor building repairs/maintenance as requested and able.
- Notify supervisors of repairs needed.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how to safely use cleaning solutions and cleaning supplies and equipment.
- May include supervision of students during lunch.
- Work with contracted cleaning services when necessary.
- Work hours may occur after regular school hours/on weekends periodically as needed
- Great attention to detail.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Independent thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lbs.
- Light computer skills- ability to check emails and schedules using a school-issued laptop, on a daily basis.
- Literate- able to read warning labels and instructions.
- Pass a background check.
- Ability to provide proof to legally work in the United States.
- General knowledge of minor building repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn how to maintain cleaning equipment.
This is a part time position (approx 30 hours a week) to start when students can attend school on campus again. The normal annual schedule runs from the end of July through early June with extended school breaks and five weeks off in the summer Retirement benefits included. Work hours are to be determined, an AM or PM shift between the hours of 7am and 7pm. Pay starts at $12 an hour, based on experience.
To apply for this position send your resume to email@example.com.
New Mexico International School is always looking for Substitute Teachers to join our team! Substitute Teachers perform the instructional and classroom management processes for teachers who are absent for a day or longer periods of time. Candidates need to be flexible in their availability.
Substitute Teacher Responsibilities:
- Read teacher plans to know if someone in their class has allergies.
- Adhere to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
- Follow procedures and achieve lesson goals.
- Assign and explain homework.
- Oversee students outside of the classroom including in the pickup line, hallways, play yard, park, drop off and cafeteria.
- Comply with all school regulations and policies at all times.
- Take attendance and document daily notes.
- Ensure classroom and work is kept clean and orderly.
- Oversee the normal classroom rhythms and activities.
- Compile a report for the teacher for when he/she returns.
Substitute Teacher Requirements:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 60 college credit hours for teachers; Level 3A Educational Assistant license for EA’s.
- Education requirement may be waived under extenuating circumstances
- Bachelor’s Degree/teaching certificate, highly desired.
- Valid New Mexico Substitute Teaching license
Knowledge, skills and abilities: The minimum expectations for this job are as follows:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects, and coordinate the work of others.
- Knowledge of New Mexico International School policies on immunization, medication, first aid, emergencies and child abuse/neglect.
- Knowledge of all laws, regulations and guidelines affecting teachers and students.
- Knowledge of effective classroom management techniques.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and staff.
Working Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an incumbent encounter while performing the essential functions of this job:
- The Substitute will work with other New Mexico International staff members in a team environment, which may include the administrative staff, parents, students, and advocates.
- Frequent interactions with people in person and/or on the phone as necessary.
- Functions are primarily indoors and outside in a normal school environment.
- The Substitute will also meet with and escort students outdoors and will perform the essential functions of this job in a variety of locations.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation:
- The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds of supplies which requires bending stooping and/or lifting.
- The employee must be able to use a variety of instructional materials in the classroom.
- The employee must be able to use hands and arms to manipulate objects.
- The employee must use keyboards, audiovisual, tools and other controls.
- The employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- The employee must have normal vision and hearing with or without aid.
- The employee must be able to move about the campus area unaided during the day.
The normal work day for this position is either a full day, 8am to 3:30pm or a half day, 8am to 11:45am or 11:45am to 3:30pm. The hourly rate is $16.
This position is subject to the completion of a background check in compliance with school policy.
Interested candidates send letter of interest/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org